The guys are back and hockey is almost back as well. One of the signs that hockey is back is the annual 4th Line Podcast Divisional Previews! This week it gets kick started by looking at the Pacific division, including:
– The Vancouver Canucks signed Thomas Vanek this week. Do they know how to properly tank? What will their goaltenders give them, as Jacob Markström is handed the reigns in net?
– The Vegas Golden Knights actually get to play hockey soon. Will their defense be enough to carry them?
– The Los Angeles Kings are a team that used to be really good. How do they get back there again?
– Mike Smith takes over as the #1 goalie in Calgary. How much of a change is that from last season? Will their defense be enough to carry them?
– The San Jose Sharks lost Patrick Marleau, but how big of a loss is that anyways?
– As they returned to the playoffs, will the Oilers now capture the division title?
– The Ducks lost of defensemen, but gained a backup goalie. Can they hold off the Edmonton Connor McDavid‘s?
Carl and Joel also announce the very exciting fact that they have joined the Alberta Podcast Network powered by ATB. They also hand out a copy of Rob Vollman’s Hockey Abstract 2017 to a lucky participant, try to survive the heat and finish their fantasy football draft.
Intro music by Erik Hall of Shoot the Shred podcast
The 4th Line Podcast is a weekly hockey podcast hosted by Carl Landra and Joel Schnell. Every week they share their unique and fun take on what is happening in the world of hockey. While they don’t take themselves too seriously, they have a typical no 4th line attitude: what they lack in finesse, they make for in being willing to go to the corners and work hard to get the job done.
Who are Carl and Joel? Carl comes from Calgary, AB. His facial hair of choice is a mustache. His team of choice is the Colorado Avalanche and his smoked meat of choice is brisket. Joel comes from Nanaimo, BC. His facial hair of choice is a beard. His team of choice is the Toronto Maple Leafs and his smoked meat of choice is ribs.