The guys recorded a little early this week, missing out all of the hot PTO signings late in the week. However, they were able to talk about the Flames’ signing of Sam Bennett and preview the Central division.
– We learn that starting the show by talking about the Colorado Avalanche is a bad idea if we want Carl to be in a good mood. The Avalanche have to be better than last year (right?), but are they still the worst in the league?
– The Dallas Stars have a new goalie (Ben Bishop) and an expensive new winger (Alex Radulov). Can this return them to the division title they held two years ago?
– The Winnipeg jets have a new goalie (Steve Mason) and an incredibly talented young center (Mark Scheifele). Can this return them to the playoffs?
– We all know those teams that we always think are better than they actually perform. The St. Louis Blues are one of them. Will Jake Allen live up to the expectations finally?
– The Nashville Predators were surprise Stanley Cup finalists. Now what?
– Aside from the acquisition of Tyler Ennis, the Minnesota Wild maintained status quo. It worked well enough before. Don’t mess with success, right?
– The Chicago Blackhawks continue to re-tool and adjust to pay for their expensive stars. When does the run end?
Intro music by Erik Hall of Shoot the Shred podcast
The 4th Line Podcast is a weekly hockey podcast hosted by Carl Landra and Joel Schnell. Every week they share their unique and fun take on what is happening in the world of hockey. While they don’t take themselves too seriously, they have a typical no 4th line attitude: what they lack in finesse, they make for in being willing to go to the corners and work hard to get the job done.
Who are Carl and Joel? Carl comes from Calgary, AB. His facial hair of choice is a mustache. His team of choice is the Colorado Avalanche and his smoked meat of choice is brisket. Joel comes from Nanaimo, BC. His facial hair of choice is a beard. His team of choice is the Toronto Maple Leafs and his smoked meat of choice is ribs.