The NHL playoffs are well underway and the series are definitely not going as expected. We break down every series, trying to find out how all these 2-2 series will finish.
Our look includes:
– A surprising increase in goals
– An equally surprising (and related?) increase in playoff penalty calls
– Controversial goalie interference calls
– Whether the Toronto Maple Leafs or Edmonton Oilers have more pressure on them
– Can the Florida Panthers advance with 0 powerplay goals?
– Will the Colorado Avalanche and the magical Cale Makar sweep?
– Brad Marchand and the wack-back
– Mike Smith turning over the puck and keeping his job
As well, for news of the week:
– The New York Islanders fired Barry Trotz
– The Ottawa Senators fired Pierre McGuire
– The Norris Trophy nominees were announced
All this and more on episode 379 of the 4th Line Hockey Podcast!
Intro music by Erik Hall of Ane Croft
Jingles by Scotty Hicks of Hunker Down, on Twitter at @rapidonian
Part of Full Press Radio
About the Show
The 4th Line Podcast is a weekly hockey podcast hosted by Carl Landra and Nick Seguin. Every week they share their unique and fun take on what is happening in the world of hockey. While they don’t take themselves too seriously, they have a typical 4th line attitude: what they lack in finesse, they make up for in being willing to go to the corners and work hard to get the job done.
Who are Carl and Nick? Carl comes from Calgary, AB. His facial hair of choice is a mustache. His team of choice is the Colorado Avalanche and his smoked meat of choice is brisket. Nick comes from Toronto, ON. His facial hair of choice is a light beard. His team of choice is the Detroit Red Wings and his smoked meat of choice is ribs.